Saturday, January 3, 2009

Those Three Days...

For days after those attacks I couldn't get myself to read or watch the news and not have tears rolling down my eyes (of which I wasn't even aware till my mom saw me). Reading abt Baby Moshe, especially, was heart-breaking.

Mumbai gets to work regardless of whether it's 26 July or 26 November and being a tiny drop in the vast ocean of Mumbaikars, so was I on the third day of the battle between our security forces and those 'men'. At the station, the scene looked pretty dull compared to any other weekday at this time. Only adults around, no kids in tow. not even so many adults. Everything was fine until the Andheri train stopped at Mahim station, one station before my destination. Crap! I would now have to cab it out and spend unnecessary money (as if I don't spend unnecessarily already). But before that, I had to find out what happened. There were rumors floating among passengers on their cellphones that there was fresh shooting by those morons at CST station. So, for security's sake, all trains everywhere had halted. Of course, when I got to work, these rumors turned out to be just that. Rumors.



Nevertheless I got to work shaking like Mr. Bean in a state of panic. I tried to put on a brave front because people anyways have me labeled as someone who scares easy. It didn't work too well, till I was safely home at least.

The night before, I went to sleep praying with all my heart for no more of the rescuers busy at work at Taj and the other places to be injured or killed. Thankfully, my prayers (along with millions of others around the world, I'm sure) were answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment