Monday, October 8, 2012

Threatened

Every time I get out of the house, I feel a threat to my mental state. I almost feel like crying when I feel this threat from them, probably as a way of pleading to the potential perpetrators to have pity and leave me alone.



I wish I didn't have to.

I wish these men were less ignorant of their own flaws when they put down other people to get their power and self esteem.

I wish they could grasp my point of view that they're actually cowards for picking on a woman, especially when she's outnumbered by a gang of men.

I wish they could see how it was them who was at fault for being misogynist and not me because of how I dress or act or look or even that I'm a certain age and unmarried. That's not an invitation to be harassed or 'flirted' with. (I'll do a topic soon on the difference between flirting and harassment/eve teasing).

I wish I could somehow make them feel what I feel when they make me feel threatened.

I wish I could control their thoughts and make them do dumb things or just make them vanish or freeze, if only for a day or a week.

I wish they didn't exist and were just a figment of my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment